The PBCS

The PBCS is a group of people who read the same thing at the same time. All are invited to more or less partake.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Professor Plum, in the billiards room, with the candlestick

Last night I saw Broken Flowers, during which Bill Murray searches for a son that he never knew he had. Before going to bed I read to the end of chapter 5, during which the Consul and Dr. Vigil drink.

At 6:03 this morning my cat Ortho jumped onto my bed and meow'd into my ear. During the brief period that I was awake I had a thought. I don't think I've come across any explicit textual evidence of this, but keep in mind that Yvonne has expressed to the Consul and to Clueless Hugh her unhappiness about the cold state of her marital bed. She also has a history of losing infants.

What if Yvonne left the Consul that day one year ago so that she could go birth the illegitimate child of Jacques Laruelle? Eh...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home