The PBCS

The PBCS is a group of people who read the same thing at the same time. All are invited to more or less partake.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

another lemuria event

Jack Pendarvis is going to be signing and reading on Wednesday (tomorrow) night. It all starts at 5. He will probably read at 5:30. This guy is really funny. His book is The Mysterious Secret of the Valuable Treasure. It's a collection of "Curious Short Stories".

Barry Hannah says "Young Pendarvis writes gutbusting high wit so very rare these dumb ass greedy times. I've not seen such low disgust and language brilliance married to character in too, too long. I cheer him and insist you general readers are in for the longest laughs of the early century."

William Gay says "He uses language the way pyromaniacs use fire."

I really think that y'all would like this guy. He really is kinda a freak. Anyway I hope to see you here. I will be at this reading!

Maggie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home