The PBCS

The PBCS is a group of people who read the same thing at the same time. All are invited to more or less partake.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

FP's Original Post

Dear PCBS members other than the Diplomat:

So, we need to get organized about food for this evening. I will volunteer to go to Moe's and pick up platters, enduring the embarrassment of being yelled at, if all of you will chip in monetarily. Also, I plan to get a variety, and some doubles, so if there is something you particularly desire or despise please blog here.

I am not quite finished with the book, but am working on a thesis about the use of doubles; here are some examples:

2 volcanos
2 William Blackstone's
2 brothers
2 Rousseau's (philosopher and artist)
2 Doctor's
Yvonne's 2 extramarital lovers
Hugh's 2 ships
2 Oedipus's (Oedipus the ship and Oedipussy the cat)

what are some others? come on I'm not the only one seeing double....

Oh yeah : 2 Jays (Jaysus and Otherjay)

FP

7 Comments:

Blogger Babyfoodlibrarian said...

2 Geoffrey's

1:55 PM  
Blogger Mr. Satsuma said...

Lots of twos, but lets say there is something going on with twos, let's say you're right. Now what smartypants? I got ten bucks I can throw in on Moeses yo. Also I despise onions, but can stand them if they are only in the salsa.

5:02 PM  
Blogger The Library Guy said...

A few last words before I go to bed...

John Cusack, Joan Cusack, Joanie Caucus, James Coco, & Jackie Chan...

Good night...

11:49 PM  
Blogger otherjay said...

God, I miss Moe's.

8:23 AM  
Blogger The Library Guy said...

I'd not eaten at or had food from Moe's until last night. I like it a lot. I'll be having a fajita and salad for lunch.

And by the by, I'll close with these final (yes, final) words: Gennifer Flowers, Jeff Conaway, & James Coburn.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Mr. Satsuma said...

James Cobern was said I think.

9:45 AM  
Blogger The Library Guy said...

I was thinking he'd be one of the first names mentioned, but couldn't recall hearing it. I was likely too busy calling out other "JC" names or racking my brain trying to think of "GF" names.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home