The PBCS

The PBCS is a group of people who read the same thing at the same time. All are invited to more or less partake.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Great bright student vegetarian*

So did anyone go to see Mlle. Sittenfeld?
I had to skip The Known World to read, among other things, this for work. I'm really enjoying it but I'm a sucker for the old Latvians-living-in-Milwaukee-in-the-late-80's-with-sweet-yet-comical-results chestnut. I've optimistically ordered At Swim-Two-Birds though. James Joyce says, about Flann O'Brien, "that's a real writer." Isn't that like Chuck Norris begging you to take it easy on him? Or maybe it's like making a sandwich and then Emeril or that formerly fat Subway commercial man telling you that it's a really very good sandwich. Hmm. Well, it's like something.


*This title is composed of words my web browser suggested when I clicked in the title box. It must have a meaning but it's certainly not autobiographical.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Library Guy said...

Here's a photo of me in Latvia a few years ago.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home