The PBCS

The PBCS is a group of people who read the same thing at the same time. All are invited to more or less partake.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

@S-2-B: The Aftermath

Yes, I'm using TD's shorthand.

We had a good meeting last night at the Edison Walthall bar.

One last thing to clear up:

The Greek phrase at the beginning of At Swim-Two-Birds is a quote from Euripides' "The Madness of Hercules."

All things pass and give way to one another.

Thanks go to Dylan, a friend of mine who happens to have a minor in Latin, for the translation help.

I thought the last @S-2-B meeting went well. The conversation was great. Cotton was tending the bar, and there was a run on Bass by many of the PBCS.

At Swim-Two-Birds was a book I chose on a whim. I had said I wanted to choose something different.

This blurb by Dylan Thomas convinced to me to try out the book:

This is just the book to give your sister if she's a loud, dirty, boozy girl!

It's certainly a different book. It's playful. The way O'Brien writes. I couldn't help but laugh.

One final thought, and something that came up in conversation last night... Trellis' final pondering: Ars est celare artem.

True art is to conceal art.

As far as the possible pun is concerned, just consider what Trellis was doing at the time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home